Liberating Lives Through Education
Our vision is for access to quality education and life-long learning opportunities for all, supporting empowered communities that determine their own futures.
In its development work, ERFA is committed to:
- giving priority to programs which engage with the most vulnerable, marginalised and exploited.
- a partnership approach to development characterised by integrity and transparency.
- partnering with local communities to identify, plan, deliver, monitor and evaluate development programs that are inclusive and empowering and that, over time, will result in sustainable local management and autonomy.
- being inclusive and offering support in a spirit of human solidarity regardless of race, gender, religious or political beliefs.
- promoting and advocating children’s rights and participation, gender equality and equity and empowerment of people with disabilities.
- promoting and advocating sustainable living and prudent use of earth’s resources.
- financial transparency and an effective and efficient use of supporter funds, investing in the expertise and skills of our staff to ensure an efficient and well-run organisation.
Presence, Compassion and Liberation are the values that underpin ERFA’s vision for access to quality education and lifelong learning for all, supporting empowered communities to determine their own futures.
- Relationships built on integrity, mutual respect, trust, accountability and transparency
- Standing in solidarity with the disadvantaged and those living in poverty
- Belief in the equality and dignity of all persons
- Our fundamental response is compassion which awakens us to our responsibilities and compels us to take action to eradicate extreme poverty and suffering
- Being sensitive to and informed by the culture, experiences and hopes of local people
- Empowerment through education which promotes human development and increases the capacities of local people to break the poverty cycle and determine their own futures